Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Here we go! Christmas baking!


Hello Wednesday of Dead Week at Iowa State University! I decided to make triple peppermint sugar cookies last night for our connection group Christmas party! I totally cheated and used pre-made dough, pre-frosting, and already broken candy canes that I crushed just a little bit more. What can I say, I was pressed for time! But nonetheless they were a hit and the recipe made so many cookies! So I shared with our neighbors, the local coffee shop staff, and two apartments full of friends in the building next to mine! I got to hang out with a dear friend of mine, Divya, for a while after I delivered her cookies! She is the biggest encourager ever and I am constantly blessed by her when we get to see each other. Yay for friends that live so close! And now I want to bake more, because it all started with the peppermint. Pinterest has me making...oh I don't know...300 recipes for the holidays! I cannot stop pinning all of the cute things I want to make and share with my family. It does not help that I have been on a diet since September 3rd and will not eat any of these delicious goodies. Maybe I will have to give myself grace for Christmas Eve and Christmas! ;)

Anyways, I should really get back to writing papers for grades instead of using blogging as a valid excuse. Because it is. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment