Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wedding Cake!

Wedding cake number one done and being eaten! WoooHooo! I am pretty pleased with how this one came out. The bride and groom were happy too! I got the frosting idea from "i am baker" and tried it out once last Spring, so when Kendra told me she needed a wedding cake, I stepped up to the challenge. We talked a lot about her wedding while we couldn't sleep due to the dog fights in Africa. She took my suggestion of a dessert bar and asked her talented friends to bake lots of goodies! She sent me a text message about 2 months ago worried about her cake and I told her I would be happy to do it. It was a really neat way I could contribute to her big day! Plus that, it served as my wedding gift to the happy couple!!

Here is what went into the cake. Two boxes of vanilla cake mix into two 10 inch and two 6 inch pans. Baked like normal, but for less time. I used a classic buttercream frosting to make roses out of frosting with a 1mm tip. Then I added 24 real roses to bring in the colors of the wedding to the cake! It weighed a TON! It was really fun to make and I had friends hanging out with me all day while I worked on it! We all went to Kenda and Beau's wedding together and got the cake to the reception without any problems! Praise the Lord we didn't hit a bump on our drive!!! I was really blessed with the compliments I recieved but I am really really blessed to have this God-given skill. I sure hope I get to use it again real soon. ;)

1 comment: